Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 9, part 2 - Introducing "My Big Fresh Wedding Party"

Leave it to me to put the cart before the horse.  I expanded my Twitter following today, then realized that you new followers would be coming to this blog which hints at the new business, but doesn't say anything about it. Doh!

It's time to let the cat out of the bag, and tell you "The Big Idea".   I started a company which will put an end to the "tacky" bachelorette party, providing brides and their friends and family with tasteful alternatives.  My aim is to create a "Girls Night Out" experience filled with good, clean, safe FUN.

The website I registered but haven't built yet is "www.MyBigFreshWeddingParty.com".   This site will feature a line of products and services, including the first in the line-up:

- upcoming destination bachelorette parties, hosted right here in beautiful Rhode Island,
- a gift bag for the bride and/or bridal party
- a line of bachelorette/bridal sleepwear (because you WILL need sleep after your "big fresh wedding party").

We will have a wide range of exciting options for people who want to connect with their bridal party, friends and family before (or after!) the Big Day in a way that goes beyond the boundaries of a sex toy party, a male stripper or a night of clubbing with the very sleazebags you are trying to avoid by getting married in the first place.

Because I am a crazy entrepreneur who started marketing on Twitter before the marketing site was built, there is nothing for you to buy, see or do on this site.  But if you want to say hi you can:
~ leave a comment below,
~ send me a shout out on Twitter.com/myfreshwedding,
~ or email me your "story" at myfreshwedding@gmail.com

and I will look forward to connecting with you, and look forward to sharing the buzz as it arrives!
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Great idea. I don't drink, and I hate having to yell over music to have a conversation. By having my bachelorette party at Build-a-Bear, my family, friends and I were able to hang out for a few hours, get silly, and create keepsakes of "that time we all went to BaB for Mel's bachelorette party." My godchild attended; she built a monkey that mooed! Hilarious! How many girls can say they went to a bachelorette party before they turned five?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Build-a-Bear - That's a great idea!! I've been to SO many bachelorette parties, good and bad. It's not about the drinks at all. It's about the people.

    Really, it's about the celebration of the love between the bride's girlfriends (and female family, too...even the little ones!) So much attention is given to the love between the bride and groom, so why not celebrate the friendships. It's a great way to get the girls together before (or after) the wedding.

    My best friend, Kathy's party was a month after the wedding, and we stayed in Boston overnight, rented a limo, had a great dinner, then ended up partying with (THE) Derek Jeter at a random club the limo driver picked! The Yankees were in town that night, and as we drove past different clubs, the bouncers were yelling to our limo that he'd be coming there. We just happened to chose the right one.

    And he's just as handsome in person as in pictures, in case you were wondering. Which says a lot, coming from this Red Sox fan!

    ReplyDelete