Friday, January 15, 2010

Day 14 - A Word About Perfection

I took a moment to read the last couple of days blog entries, and noticed a ton of spelling errors.  As I told Alayne White (of Alayne White Spas) on Wednesday, blogging daily requires you to let go of perfection.  I can't blog on the run without making a mistake or two.  The key is to have someone proof-read your work, or go back to it when you have a fresh eye. And, thankfully, blogging is a medium in which you can fix your mistakes, unlike a printed brochure.

I'm not perfect, and don't claim to be.  But completion is more important than perfection in this case. And, when you're operating at the speed I have been lately, you can't slow down and write perfectly.  You must sacrifice perfection or run the risk of not getting the job done.

That being said, your marketing reflects your quality, and some might read this blog and say, "Michelle settles for less than perfect. Our "brand experience" with her company will probably be less than perfect.  And so I have to work extra hard to make sure that's not the case. I realize customer service and the "perfect" Fresh experience is required for customer loyalty, repeat business and word of mouth referrals.  So, allow me to clarify.  All I'm talking about is the daily blog, people.  That's it.

Sew, thanc ewe 4 you're patients w/ me typin errers... :)

1 comment:

  1. Remember what Sen Kennedy said in regards to making change, "perfection is the enemy of good" So given the context, makes sense. Of course not on my next printed brochure...right?

    You must have been reading the Copywritingmaven lately.

    ReplyDelete