Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 6 - Sleep? I don't need no stinking sleep.

Yep, 5am and I'm at it again.  Tried to fall sleep from 2-4am, but no luck.  Last night I fell asleep reading Nick a book at 8pm, so I did get a solid 6 hours of sleep, which is all I seem to need lately.  Of course, by 7pm, I'm yawning.  But, whatever - I read once that brilliant minds only needed four hours of sleep every night.  I'm too tired to remember who they were, but Churchhill and Thatcher come to mind.  (I do have some British blood, thanks to my English grandmother.  You know her as Nanny Bird from Day 4, but I digress.)

So I just got up and started a calendar for all the activity that's slowly building around this new business.  (That helps me get stuff out of my head and then I can go back to sleep. I call it a "brain dump".)  I went to find a piece of info in my email and got a little sidetracked.  I got an email from Christine Arylo, who has one of my favorite sites.  She suggests throwing a "self love party"  on the night before Valentine's Day, which I threw for my daughter and some friends last year. We called it "Yeay Me!" in honor of London Tipton from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, because Jessie was 6 at the time, and she loved that show.

Anyway, this year, Christine is throwing a "Self-Luv-apalooza" party, in San Francisco at the Claremont Hotel on 2/14 this year.  Can you stand it?  Now, Wendy (one of my business partners in The Sassy Ladies) is moving to the Bay area on Monday and I already miss her.  Miriam (my other partner) and I were going to try to figure out when to visit her, maybe the spring?  This seems like the perfect excuse.

This is what I do while most people are sleeping.  Create fabulous businesses and dream vacations.  The life I dream of.  I should get back to the "brain dump", so maybe I can go back to sleep at 5:30 and catch another hour before the kids wake up...

4 comments:

  1. P.S. I just realized that Day 6 is on 1/7, and I'm annoyed at myself for not starting on 1/1, so it would synch up. But whatever. Maybe I do need some stinking sleep. Zzzzzzz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole day thing is bothersome. If I were you, I would post two in one day in order to 'catch up'! BTW, I said my goodbyes to Wendy last night at the BNI social- we laughed about our early days in BNI when we met. Then our eyes got watery- she will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob, I cried like a baby when we said farewell Sunday night. If she weren't so darned happy about the whole trip, I'd be sadder. Not that I'm counting, but she'll be back in 58 days, and I'm hosting cocktails if you'd like to join the guest list of people who miss Wendy. Luckily for us, there's lots of business reasons for her to come back to the East Coast once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love brain dumps. Sometimes I wonder how many of the world's insomniacs would be helped by keeping (and using) a notebook and pen next to their bed.

    ReplyDelete