Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 5 - Don't Think About It, Just Do It

This has always been my mantra at Rondeau's Kickboxing gym.  I started my 2010 fitness program with a private lesson with Christina Rondeau herself.  Tomorrow is the Biggest Loser kickoff and weigh-in at RKB.  (See www.RKBlive.com for details.)  Christina has always motivated me to have a great work out.

I wish I could say I do it without whining.  There are times when I honestly believe there is no way in hell I am going to be able to finish the 15 reps, or run the last few minutes on the treadmill, or - this one killed me - squats holding a medicine ball while standing on this balance thingy. Really, Christina?  Really?!  In my ear, she's saying, "Come on, girl, you can do it."  In my head, I'm thinking I can't.  That's when I decide to stop - just to take a breather before I complete the exercise. 

About halfway through our session today, I got tired of hearing the whining in my head. So I told myself,  "Don't think about it, just do it." And the workout miraculously got easier.  Not that Christina let off at all, the workout wonder that she is.  It was my mindset.  I came here to get a good workout in.  If I wanted to wimp out, I would have stayed at home. Just do it.  The last half mile on the treadmill.  Just do it.  45 duck squats.  Just do it. Crunches, sprints, heavy bag, weights.  Tomorrow is going to hurt!

Later this afternoon, at my attorney, Kas' office the same mantra ran through my head.  It was the point of decision - I came here to discuss the new business formation and research the fees involved.  I know this business is brilliant, and has potential to make thousands in revenue in the first few months alone.  His fees were very reasonable.  I don't have a penny in revenue right now, but I heard myself saying, "Let's do it."  Don't think about it. 

Of course, I have thought of nothing else for three weeks.  It's not like I haven't strategized the hell of of this thing.  But it was all the doubt I was referring to.  What if it doesn't work?  What if I can't generate the revenue in time to pay the legal bills?  Stop!  Don't start doubting.  You will make it work. Just do it.  And so I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment