Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 27 - I'm Late

"I'm late." Words that would make my husband's heart drop into his stomach. Words that drive my parents (who love to be on time, especially Dad) absolutely crazy.
Words that make me drive too fast. Words that I hear coming from my mouth all too often lately. I'm late on this blog. I'm late in closing my 2009 books, I'm late for appointments, I'm late all too often.

My friend Amy recently emailed me this quote from Esther Hicks:
"My favorite line from the teachings of Abraham is that.... "When you are going 5 miles an hour and you hit a tree, its not too big of a deal, but when you are going 500 miles an hour and you hit a tree its a VERY big deal... "

I'm moving really fast in a number of areas in my life right now. I'm enjoying the ride, so I don't want to slow down. But when Amy emailed me that Monday, it hit home. I'm tired of being late, and I'm headed for a big crash. So it's time to slow down. It's time to plan a little better. Time to recruit some help.

It's time to start being on time. Time to give myself breathing room between appointments. Time to stop trying to do it all myself. Time to allow time for follow up. Time for down time. My intention for the weeks ahead are all around using time wisely.

I know that we cannot manage time, we can only manage our energy in relation to time. Miriam wrote a great column for Aspire Magazine called "Taking Care with your time".

I've never been great at managing energy. Fortunately for me, Amy just happened to have written a book, titled "The Energy of Success". She gave it to me on Sunday night. I read part of it this morning, and already found some profound wisdom in the first chapter. I think it is time to spend more time with Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment