Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 24 - My Lucky Day

Twenty-four is my lucky number, so today will be my lucky day. I have a LOT of "up-in-the-air" stuff, and Mondays are usually when it all falls into place. I will update this post on the flip side of the day (or likely in the morning) and let you know how right I was about my good fortune. :)

*** As suspected I got lucky in many ways:

- In the midst of a torrential downpour of cold New England rain, a parking spot opened up right in front of the door to a crowded Panera Bread.

- Inside Panera, as my meeting with my buddy Frank was winding down, our friend Jeff walked in. He was meeting with Pat Cruz, of Southern New England Woman's magazine, who just happened to be a dynamic woman I've been wanting to meet this year. Done. Met her, and I'll be attending her huge women's conference on 2/17. The door to a future conversation was opened.

- I had the chance to meet with a brilliant, talented woman named Joan who has amazing products (a series of children's books, with merchandise and screenplays) who appreciates my marketing expertise, and is eager to join the Sassy Ladies Club for visibility.

- I was invited to apply for the Betaspring incubator program to launch Fresh, a move that would advance the company by quantum leap. This is normally reserved for technology companies, which Fresh is not, but they see the potential of the concept.

- I got an email from my friend Amy which moved me to tears. She is going to provide me with some much needed support. As I have gotten the vision for this business, and the amount of work that it is going to take to make it succeed (on top of everything already going on with The Sassy Ladies and the kids, I have begun to realize that there is no way I can do it all myself. In talking to her recently about my plans, she noticed that, too, and stepped up to offer her assistance. She is an angel.

- Last night, I attended my dear friend Melody's father's funeral. It was a joyful celebration of his life, filled with gospel music and boisterous eulogies, and an enormous buffet meal. I left the church late, and was worrying about driving home sleepy. As I approached my car, I noticed I was boxed in by a minivan. Two women in front of me were walking in the same direction. I used all my power to envision them inserting their key into the car behind me. (The Law of Attraction works for more than just prosperity, you know.)

Sure enough, it was their minivan! I shouted out loud, "Praise the Lord!", which is not like me, but I had just left a gospel funeral and it seemed appropriate. I was so grateful that I would not have to wait, it made my whole day. They spun around, and we all laughed as I told them I was parked in front of them.

It was my lucky day, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment