Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 17 - The Frenzy Hangover

A few weeks back, I wrote about the "entrepreneurial frenzy" that I was experiencing during the creation/idea phase of this business.  It was when I'd be awake at 3am, thinking about the marketing strategy instead of sleeping. As a result, a bunch of activities came out of that - meetings, conversations, documents, and, well, this blog!

This weekend, I hit the wall.  I was exhausted from a lack of sleep and all the creative energy flowing through me.  I hadn't been eating right, and was filling every hour with meetings, calls and more.  It got to the point of insanity.  Time to breathe, take a step back and regroup.

So, what is the remedy for a "frenzy hangover"? Lots of sleep and a good plan.


Sleep.  I actually slept for 8+ hours both Saturday and Sunday night.  Poor Rich, that means I fall into a deep sleep on the couch at 7pm until 10pm, watch TV with him until 11pm, then sleep until 5am. He has no company when I get like this.  In the early morning,  I have a 1 1/2 - 2 hours to plan my day, write, and have a cup of tea before the kids wake up and another hectic day begins.

Plan. When there are so many possibilities, you will spin your tires trying to do them all.  Take time to plan, prioritize and schedule.  It gets it all out of your head and onto paper.  Then you can be a little more logical and strategic about how you spend your day.

I'm feeling much better on this side of the long weekend.  I'm ready to hit the ground running again.  I bounced back, baby! This bachelorette business is moving faster than a speed of light.  I seem to be keeping up with it.  But I'm REALLY REALLY glad my assistant Erin is back from vacation.  If anyone can keep me on track, it is her.

No comments:

Post a Comment